How du you like this page?

About this Site

First of all, let me intruduce myself. I am not an american as some people might think - i am from europe. From germany.
Why did I create this fanpage? Well i think the question should be:

Why did nobody before??

I came to Grandpa Jones and his wonderful songs, his great humor, warm and happy kind not long ago.
Grandpa Jones left us 1998 - and the homepage "grandpajones.com" is forgiven since this time to my regret. But nobody did post any content on this domain until the time I am writing this.
I can't understand this. Grandpa Jones was such a great and pleasant person that I think it is the duty of every old or new fan to keep him - that, what he gave away to us - alive!

Where are all his fans gone? Why must I - a young german man who was only a child when he died - create a fan homepage for him?

Well, I think he has diserved this site.

This is a memorial for Grandpa Jones!
Everybody who want to take part on keeping him alive can contact me, e-mail me etc. Don't let me be the only one, don't let me think that I am the last fan of Grandpa Jones in this whole world!


On this site you can find old videos of him als well as Songtexts, a biographie, pictures, interessting links to other sites about him and much more.


I beg all of you who love Grandpa Jones as much as I do: Let us kepp him alive! Contact me, let us work together on this project!


I habe a dream: The dream that one day "grandpajones.com" is filled with content - this content or something else! But let us work together on this dream - don't let me stand here alone!


I wish to finish this little explanation of this site with a quote of Grandpa Jones Titel "Falling Leaves", that is also on his gravestone:

"When you leave this earth for a better home someday
the only think you take is what you gave away..."


You are not dead until you are not forgotten! If only one person reminds on you, you have a place in his heart and live on in the minds of the people who think of you!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This site is great! I saw Grandpa several times in person - Please send me an e-mail address so that I can communicate with other fans.